Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015

What a year 2015 has been. As I sit here reflecting on all that has happened this past year, I can't help but stand amazed in all that God has done. I started the year in a new city where I knew no one and I am ending it with an evening spent with friends. He is faithful.

January was spent settling into my new home, city, job, and life in Tulsa. It was also the month when I joined the "glasses and contact club." And what a joy it has been to be in that club (note the sarcasm). January as also the month where I traded in my New York drivers license (tear).

February highlight was a visit from my mom, dad, and Kiah! And my first experience of snow in Tulsa. Let's just say my family was beyond thrilled to be able to experience a Tulsa snow. :) 

March brought many fun memories with friends and my 29th birthday! It was also the month of concerts and conferences including Winter Jam to see Skillet, Jeremy Camp, For King and Country, and many other great Christian artists, a Kari Jobe concert, and a women's conference!

April was the start of tornado season. All I have to say about that are 3 words. "Not a fan." But with that also was the arrival of spring and the flowers began to bloom. I also went to a great 2 day event at Church to "find your life purpose" as well as an adoption conference which was very informative.



May was a month of making memories with friends and having my aunt come visit for a weekend! I had so much fun spending the weekend with her and showing her around Tulsa.



In June, I traveled to Korea for two weeks to co-lead our Korea Family Birthland Tour. It was so much fun returning to Asia but this time to a country I had never been to before! I had the opportunity to visit with many of the kiddos who are matched with our families and take pictures and videos for the adoptive families waiting anxiously for the approval to travel and bring their sweet kids home. As much as I loved traveling and seeing a new country, I was more than ready to return home by the end of my two weeks overseas.



In July, just four days after I returned to the US (I arrived home on the 4tho f July), Kiah arrived in Tulsa for a week! She helped with our China Heritage Camp and it was so fun having her here just hanging out. After a week of having her visit me in Tulsa, we flew to NY together where I spent a week and half with my family. The other highlight of July was July 8th when my niece, Quinlan Grace, entered the world! I was able to meet her when she was about a week old which was such a blessing. As usual, my trips to NY go way too fast and it very quickly it was time to return to Oklahoma.



August was a month of catching up. Between traveling to Korea for two weeks, having Kiah visit for a week and then flying to NY for almost two weeks, it was a whirlwind few months. August was a great time to just relax, get back on a normal schedule again, and catch up with friends (all of us had such different schedules this summer and we barely saw one another!). We also went to see one of my favorite speakers, Steven Furtick who is the pastor at Elevation Church in Charlotte, N.C. What an awesome night of worship and teaching.



September brought a fun women's night of worship with friends, journaling, beginning several new Bible studies, and enjoying the last few days of summer but the pool.



October was all kinds of fun! The Tulsa State Fair took place in early October where one of the bands featured was For King and Country! My women's small group took a trip to the pumpkin patch and the end of the month was filled with memories of carving pumpkins and a Halloween party.



The first week of November I flew to Orlando, FL, to spend a a few days with my precious Kate (AKA: Charlotte) and her family! Many of you will remember her from my time in China. It was so good to see her again and to see how loved she is in her forever family. God writes the best stories! November finished out with a weekend trip with friends to Branson, MO, and Thanksgiving with friends.



December, my favorite month. I tried to make the most of it this year since last year since I really missed out last year having just moved to Tulsa. Ugly sweater party, special Christmas activities, and a trip home to be with my family for Christmas. It doesn't get much better than that.


Wow, what a year 2015 was! It makes me tired just looking back on all that took place and all that the Lord has done. I am always ready for the start of a new year but I am especially excited for 2016. Not sure exactly why, but I feel as though it's going to be a big year and I can't wait to see what plans God has in store.

Happy New Year, sweet friends! Thank you for you love, encouragement, and friendship. I am so thankful that the Lord put each and every one of you in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...