Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas 2015

Praying that you have all had a very Merry Christmas! Hard to believe that another Christmas has come and gone and that it is almost time for me to fly back to Oklahoma. Vacations always go way too fast, especially during the holidays. It has been a wonderful week in NY, relaxing and making memories with my family. I didn't take the time to edit the pictures below but wanted to document photos from the Johnson Christmas 2015.


Soon after arriving in NY, Kiah and I baked lots and lots of cookies early last week. It's a tradition and so I do them, but they are a lot of work! Thankfully I have Kiah now to help me out.


Christmas Eve we had all 7 Johnson kids together! With me living in Oklahoma, this doesn't happen that often and it was wonderful to have all of my siblings together in once place, even if it was for just one evening. We enjoyed a beautiful Christmas Eve service at Church before having everyone over at my parent's house for dinner and gifts. I always love spending time with my two nephews and niece who I wish I could spend much more time with.


It is tradition in our family to have Strawberry Ice Cream pie. Oh. My. Goodness. It is delicious. We have been having it on Christmas day (and now Christmas Eve as well) for as long as I can remember and it's served on a plate with an attached candle. We turn out all the lights and eat by candlelight. It's one of my favorite Christmas traditions.


This year was probably the most low-key Christmas morning that I can remember. With so many kids, it's usually a flurry of activity and excitement but as we all get older, it has changed. Kiah was pretty excited and woke us all up earlier than we would have liked. :) After opening our stockings, we took a break for cinnamon rolls, orange juice, and coffee. The boys started watching a movie so we had a little intermission before opening the gifts under the tree. Finally around noon, it was time to get dressed for the day and for my Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, and cousin to arrive. More eating, more gifts, and more dessert, was how we spent Christmas afternoon/evening. I cherish these moments with my family since they only happen a few times a year for me.


Christmas ended with a gorgeous sunset. Sunsets have always been a love letter to me from God. Reminding me that no matter how crazy life may be, He is still in control.


Praying that you all had a Christmas full of memories, magic, and family. Hard to believe that 2016 is almost year! Excited to see what the Lord has in store for this next year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...