Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Sweet Reunion

"Do not fear for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you walk through the rivers, they will not sweet over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
Isiah 43:1-3

Once again another two months have passed since I've posted anything in my little corner of the blogging world. I keep going back and forth between whether I should hang up the reigns of this little blog or not but then there are days when I actually want to share something (like today).

Those of you who have fallen my blog for the last few years, know that early on in my time in China back in March 2012, I fell in love with this precious little Sweetheart.







 


 


I had the honor of giving her an English name, standing in the gap in prayer for her during two surgeries in China, and loving on her until her family was able to fly across the world to bring her home in May 2014. After spending every day for over 2 years with a sweet baby and then letting her go, is one of the hardest things I have ever had to experience. But I knew that she was going to an incredible family and for that I was so thankful.


This precious family not only adopted Sweetheart but adopted me as well, wanting me to continue to be a part of her story. With me moving back to the US, then moving to Tulsa, then getting settled in Tulsa, the time just wasn't right for a visit. But this fall when they contacted me about meeting up with them on their Orlando family vacation the first week of November, I couldn't think of an excuse not too! On November 2nd, I flew to Orlando to spend a precious four days with this sweet girl and her family. It felt so good be reunited once again!







And spending time with her sweet family.


There was lots of swimming and lots of relaxing. This vacation could not have come at a more perfect time!


 





 
 
 



 
 
 




In March 2012 when this precious girl was placed in my arms, I never would have guessed the amazing story He would write. God truly writes the best stories if we will only give Him the pen and allow Him to write it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...