Monday, January 11, 2016

A New Year

2016, a brand new year! There is something so refreshing to me about starting a new year. I look back on all that happened in 2015 and can't help but feel the excitement for all that 2016 will hold. I just feel that it's going to be a good year!


2015 was a year of settling into my new life here in Oklahoma, and I feel that 2016 is going to be a year of moving forward. What that actually means, I am not sure, that is just what I have felt on my heart as this year began.


You may have noticed that my blog has received a facelift. I haven't decided what I want the focus of this blog to be. It has had many different themes over the years. It start out documenting my sister's adoption story. Then it turned into a blog documenting my life of living overseas. It was then a blog about waiting on God's timing and finally a blog about transitioning to life halfway across the country.

But now that life has somewhat settled down here, what is the focus to be? Adoption? Life in Oklahoma? Home decor and DIY projects (something that I have come to love as I've made my apartment a home)? Honestly, I haven't decided and so for the moment it's going to continue to be a mixture of all the above.



Starting out this year, God has done the impossible. He has done something that I had not even asked Him for and I am still processing that He has done this! It brings me to tears just thinking about it and I hope that I'll be able to share that story sometime soon. But in the meantime, please know how very true this verse is:



"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the Lord.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:8-9

Happy New Year, sweet friends! I pray that this a year that the Lord reveals Himself to you like never before.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...