As 2016 rolled in, I decided to make a lifestyle change and be more conscious of my eating. I am still going to allow myself to splurge occasionally, but overall, I have really been trying to eat healthier. I used to eat veggies ALL THE TIME in China and I am trying to get back to that type of cooking. As much as I love veggies, I also love carbs. I am not cutting them out completely, just trying to limit my intake. Who knew that healthy food could taste so good! I absolutely love this chicken. After living in China for several years, it's now hard for me to find vegetable recipes that have enough flavor for me. This Balsamic Chicken is a winner for sure! Check it out:
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup matchbox carrots
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/8 tsp red pepper seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Grapeseed oil (or Olive Oil)
- In a bowl, whisk together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey, and red pepper. Set aside.
- Heat Grapeseed oil in a skillet (I tend to cook Chinese style and don't measure my oil. Probably about 1-2 Tbsp). Season chicken with salt and pepper and then place in skillet. Rotate chicken and cook until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add half the dressing mixture and rotate chicken to coat evenly.
- Remove chicken from skillet, but leave sauce.
- Add asparagus and carrots to skillet, add salt and pepper, stir frequently until cooked but slightly crunchy.
- Remove veggies from skillet.
- Add remaining dressing to skillet and cook until sauce thickens.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, and veggies to the skillet.
- Toss until coated evenly.
- Remove and enjoy!