Monday, February 8, 2016

Chinese New Year

新年快乐
Xīnnián kuàilè
(Happy New Year!)


Happy Year of the Monkey! With a sister who was born in China and then living there for several years, this is a holiday that my family has been celebrating for several years now. Maybe not quite to the magnitude of how they celebrate in China (everything shuts down for at least a week, some restaurants for up to a month!), but it's definitely a holiday I want to continue observing. 


I am not necessarily decorating (maybe next year) but I did decide I wanted to make something a little more "Chinese like." The traditional food to eat on Chinese New Year is dumplings but since they are rather time consuming, I decided to make a delicious Lo Mein recipe my Mom found a while back. Since I have something several week nights, my meals either need to be super quick and easy or I make them ahead of time and then heat them up when I get home. I decided to make my Lo Mein yesterday to heat up tonight for dinner. I can't wait! I promise I will share the recipe on the blog soon.


Happy New Year to you and your family! If you celebrate Chinese New Year, how do you celebrate?

Happy Monday!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...