Saturday, July 4, 2015

{Days 8 & 9} Trains, Planes & the 4th of July

First of all, Happy 4th of July! This is my fourth 4th of July, not spent in the US (although I'll arrive about 9 p.m. on the 4th), so even though I am a little bummed about missing the festivities, what is missing one more?

I am currently sitting in the Tokyo airport waiting on my flight bound for Dallas. What a whirlwind the last few days have been! There really hasn't been a lot to write about as our lats few days have been a little. It was a wonderful way to end our time in Korea, with a little slower pace.

On Thursday morning, we checked out of our hotel in Busan and headed to the train station. We took the high speed train from Busan back to Seoul. I had been on a high speed train before in China, but many of our families had not, so it was a fun experience for them! It took us less than 3 hours and would have probably taken us about 5 hours if we were to take the bus, so it was definitely faster! After arriving back in Seoul, our original bus driver met us at the station and we headed to another market to do a little shopping. After making some purchases, it was time to check back into our hotel in Seoul before heading out to watch the Nanta Cooking Performance. I don't really know how to describe it other than it was really, really good! It was a cooking/comedy performance. Unfortunately you were not permitted to take pictures or videos so only have this one from before the show started. After the show, we had dinner and then headed back to the hotel where most of us crashed from our long day of travel.

Friday was my last full day in Korea! I woke up earlier than I probably normally would because I wanted to make the most of my last. Since I hadn't done much shopping, I decided this was the time that I need to finish (and start) up. Our hotel is located really close to a street that sells a lot of souvenir type gifts and I was able to pick everything I wanted up there. We had a delicious farewell buffet at a local restaurant Friday night. Our families were awesome on this trip! My friend, Leslie, who lived in the same city as me in China and is now living in Seoul, came to spend my last night with me. We went for a late night swim and it was fun to get caught up.

Today has been saying goodbye to our families, finish up packing, and then taking the bus to the airport to fly home. We had a little eventful morning when our bus never showed up and since all of our families had earlier flights than me (I took a separate bus to the airport later), we put them all into taxi's so that they would make it to the airport with plenty of time.

My flight from Seoul to Tokyo was only 2 hours and very unventful. My flight to Dallas should be boaring in about 45 minutes. I am anxious to get back on US soil! This trip has been fun, but I am so ready to be back into my normal routine in Tulsa.

My next post will be from the good old United States of America!

** I am having trouble with uploading pictures in the Tokyo airport, sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all your notes and pictures from your trip.

    I think that I can also safetly say now:

    Welcome home.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...