Friday, August 28, 2015

Is Able

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us." (Ephesians 3:20)


This verse became my theme verse four years ago as I was raising support to move back to China. This verse gave me hope when I didn't believe there was any way that the money would come in. This verse gave me strength when I was so very weak. This verse became so much more than just a verse that related to my finances, it was a verse that kept me going in the two years I lived overseas. During those hard and lonely days, it breathed life into my spirit. This verse is what inspired the name of of my blog, but it became so much more to me, than that.

One thing I love about studying scripture is how you may read a verse one day and then months or even years later, you read it in a whole new way (a lot of that depends on your current life circumstances). Perhaps words stand out that maybe didn't before. For the longest time for me, it was the two words "immeasurably more." I knew that God would provide what I needed financially, physically, and emotionally. And He came through time and time again. But the other day, as I was contemplating dusting off the old blog and writing a post, I stared a my computer screen and kept reading this verse again and again. But this time, two other words jumped off the screen at me: "is able." He is able to not only do immeasurably more but He can do the impossible no matter what that might mean in your life.


As I focused on those words, I asked myself: "Do I really believe this?" When I look back on my life, it should be a no brainer "yes." He is able to move mountains and He has, my life is living proof. If that's the case, then why oh why, do I still tend to doubt Him in other areas of my life? Why don't I pray boldly if I know that He can do it because He is able?

My Church did a sermon series on prayer a few months back and it was amazing. Pray big and pray specific were themes that kept coming back over and over again. This is something I have continually been working on: praying specific and praying big, bold prayers.
 

We can do that because Is Able. He hears. He answers. I don't have to fear, because He can and He will. It just may not be exactly how I may want it or when I want it. I think sometimes He is waiting for me to come to Him boldly before He is going to answer.

"Jesus replied, 'Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” (Matthew 21:21-22)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...