Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Korea!

Greetings from Seoul, Korea! I am beyond tired and am ready to hit the hay, but since I have yet to write a single blog post from this trip, I knew that I should. The best place to follow my trip, is on Instagram or Facebook.

Since I am already finished with my 4th full day here in Seoul, I guess I will start at the beginning. Up early Friday to begin my 18ish our trip from Tulsa to Seoul. Flight was long but uneventful and all of my luggage arrived which is always a plus! Both of my flights were early which rarely happens and was a pleasant surprise.


After arriving in Seoul, going through customs, exchanging money, and gathering my luggage, I ventured out to find my bus. Thanks to my time spent in China, it was pretty easy, and I was soon on my way into the city. It was about a one hour bus ride from the airport to Eastern, which is the agency we work with in Korea. After making it here and meeting up with another lady who would be helping me during my time at Eastern, it was a quick dinner and time for bed! I somehow managed to stay awake until 9:30 which is the goal when trying to beat jet lag. Actually the goal is 8, so 9:30 was even better!

Sunday morning I decided to head out and meet up with my friend, Leslie, who I met in China (she taught English and lived in the same city as I) and is now teaching in Seoul. Thanks for MERS, this is what I found on the subway....


She met me at the subway stop and we went to her Church that morning. I always love visiting Church's when I am in new cities (or countries!) but I really didn't think I was going to get the opportunity while in Korea. When the opportunity came up, I decided to go for it! It was an international English speaking Church and I always love worshiping with people from all over the world. It's a little glimpse of what Heaven will be like.


It was so much fun to see this girl! We have hung out in China, Oklahoma (she came to visit me in Tulsa since she is from Arkansas!), and now Korea! I love having friends who live all over the world.


While out with Leslie, I came across this...


And of course I had to get an iced coffee! For whatever reason, there are no Dunkin Donuts in Tulsa, so apparently I had to come all the way to Seoul to get some.


We ate dinner at Chinese restaurant (go figure!) and I had some delicious fried rice.


My next few days were spent at Eastern, visiting with lots and lots of children. These are kiddos matched with Dillon families and so I was able to take pictures, videos, and ask questions about each child. It was a crazy busy two days, but so good. I have some good information to take back for these families.

Monday night, we walked around a fun part of down and had some Korean barbecue... it was pretty good!





These are cold noodles which are apparently popular in Korea, especially in the summer months. It wasn't bad, but can't say it's my favorite. It also such a strange concept to me since the Chinese never eat cold food... it's bad for your body! :)


After visiting with the rest of the kids on Tuesday, I packed up my things and took a taxi from Eastern to the hotel where I would be staying with the tour families. I had a nice, relaxing evening since just one family arrived last night. Today the rest of the families have arrived and we headed to the airport this afternoon to meet them. It's going to be a fun group! They were all pretty tired from traveling, so once we arrived at the hotel, they headed off to their rooms to relax and get some rest. 

I did a little exploring of the area...


And of course I had to check out the hotel pool located on the roof, above the 18th floor! I will definitely have to go for a swim one these days, but tonight I was just too tired.


Our first official day of the tour begins bight and early tomorrow morning so I am off to bed to get some rest. It has been a fun trip so far and I am really loving Korea! It is similar to China in a way but also so different. I am excited to see even more of it in the next week and a half!

Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...