Monday, February 9, 2015

Spring is in the Air

Whether spring is really in the air or not, it's that time of year where we are all ready for spring. At least I am! And what is more spring like than a pretty flowered wreath for your front door? 

I moved at a hard time to move, Christmastime. 
And that made decorating hard at first because I wanted to not only decorate my apartment because it was my new home, but also decorate for Christmas. 
But once Christmas was over and it was time to take my Christmas decor down, I felt like I was taking all my decorations down.

Several weeks ago I decided that I wanted a spring wreath for my front door. There is just something about a bright colored wreath that makes it feel like "home" when you walk in. 
I looked and looked and not only couldn't find a wreath I liked but they are so expensive!
I decided that maybe it would't be too hard to make my own and watched a tutorial on YouTube. 
Oh my goodness, if I knew it was this easy, I would have made one weeks ago! 

I bought my supplies at the Hobby Lobby that is right down the road from my apartment. 


The plain wreath was on sale and cost be about $2.50.


I decided to go with pink and off white flowers. That way I can keep it up all spring and summer.



You can't craft without a Starbucks, right?
Thanks Grandma for the gift card!


The tutorial I watched said rather than gluing the flowers directly on the wreath, it would stay better if you glued loops of fabric and then glue the flowers on. 

I bought brown and pink burlap type materiel. 
It was super cheap too, since I didn't need a lot of it, I only got 1/4 of a yard and I think they cost me $1 each!


Once you glue on the fabric loops, you glue the flowers into them.



I decided it do a 3/4 flower wreath rather than covering the whole thing. 
I still haven't decided if I want to do the rest of it, add a bow, add some of the pearls I bought, or leave it alone.


I think it turned out pretty well! I'll make another one for fall I'm sure.
And cost?
It cost me less than $20. Probably about $15.
Much cheaper (and prettier) than the already made ones!
And much more fun.


1 comment:

  1. I love it! Would you be willing to share the YouTube link you used as inspiration?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...