Sunday, February 8, 2015

Prepared in Advance

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Ephesians 2:10

Prepared in advance. God has prepared in advance what He will have us do. Where we will live, what job we will have, what causes we will be passionate about, and how we will live our life. I've always known this, but as I read this verse, I realized that I needed this reminder more than anything else right now. 

God has prepared me for this, right here, right now. 
He knew all along that I would move to Tulsa. 

But even before that, He knew that my parents would say "yes," to adoption and "yes" to China to bring my sweet baby sister home almost 13 years ago. 

He knew that once my eyes were opened to the orphan crisis, that I would never be the same. 

He knew that I would fight Him on going to China, in taking a leap of faith and trusting Him that He would provide all of my needs and beyond. 

He knew that it would take my 7 years from the time China was laid on my heart until I would actually step in that country that I now know and love.

He knew that it would take another painful situation to take another leap of faith to move to China for several years.

He knew it would be hard being in a country where I didn't speak the language, didn't understand the culture, and was 8,000 miles away from my family.

He knew it would be hard when I left China to move back to the US and not having any idea what was next.

He knew that when He called me to Tulsa, that I would say yes.

He knew it would be hard and difficult, but He also knew how He would be with me each step of the way. 

All along, He knew, because He had prepared this life for me, in advance. 
He has known it all along. 

And even though the future is scary and uncertain, He knows.

And that, is where I find joy and peace.

In Him.

Knowing that He has prepared me and is preparing me for the work He is calling me to.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...