Monday, February 23, 2015

Fourteen Years

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Today is my beautiful sister's 14th birthday.
14 years.
I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that she is not a little girl anymore but turning into a beautiful young woman.


She is caring and has a heart of gold.


We can't imagine our lives without her!


 She has a heart for those who may not fit in or have many friends.


And she puts up with all of her big sister's picture taking.
Most of the time she is a good sport about it.


She has a smile that makes other smile right along with her.


One of my favorite memories of this past year was seeing her in her birth country.


At Forbidden City


and on the Great Wall of China.



I especially loved watching her love on my sweet babies.









God knew what He was doing when He brought us together from half a world away.


Those 16 years of waiting and praying for a sister were worth it.
Happy 14th Birthday, Kiah Hope RuiQing.
I love you more than you'll ever know and am so thankful to call you sister.

"I thank my God every time I think of you."
Philippians 1:3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...