Sunday, June 29, 2014

His Timing

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways,"
declares the Lord.
"As the Heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways,
and My thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:8-9

There are some things in life I just don't understand and probably never will. Sometimes rather than the actual event,  it's more the timing I don't understand. If there is one thing I have learned in my faith walk, it is that God's timing is always best. I may not understand it or agree with it, but He knows. And I just need to surrender my own opinions and desires to His will and His plan. 

On Friday, I received word that my Grandma Johnson had passed away. It was a shock and it was a surprise, and I'll be honest, it is hard. She has struggled with Alzheimer's which is a terrible, terrible disease. She was confused and she was unhappy. My Grandpa Johnson passed away in September and once he did, we had to move my Grandma out of her home and into assisted living. It was not ideal, but it was what had to be done. 


I am just three ways away from being home. Three weeks. I would have loved to see her just one more time this side of Heaven. She was so anxious for me to be home. She had such a hard time with me moving to China but I knew that she loved me and was proud of me.


I am so thankful that I was home for Thanksgiving and Christmas this past year. Those are memories that I will always treasure.


I was so close but yet, I know that she is happy and whole. She is no longer confused and she is with my Grandpa and most importantly, with her Lord and Savior.



Please keep my family in your prayers. She passed away Thursday evening, my youngest brother, Tage, graduated high school Friday evening, his graduation party was Saturday, and my mom and Kiah board a plane on Wednesday to fly to China. There is a LOT going on at home and here my emotions are all over the place with me leaving China in a few weeks. It is once again, by His strength alone that has kept me going.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...