Monday, September 9, 2013

His Strength Alone

There are times in my life when I can feel the Lord's presence so near. This last week has been one of those times. After the initial shock over the death of my Grandfather, I have continued to feel sadness but more than that.... I have felt an incredible amount of peace. A peace that can only come from the One above, my Lord and Savior.
This past week I have been filled with memories. Good, sweet memories. Memories of my Grandpa that will make me laugh no matter where I am or what I am doing. Yes, it may cause people to stare at me "wondering why is this girl breaking into laughter in the middle of a bus?" Of course, since they stare at me anyways, it doesn't bother me one bit.
This past week has also been filled with an incredible number of blessings. Yes, I am sad that I wasn't able to be home with my family during this time but I was able to be a part of all that went on. I was even up at 2:30 a.m. yesterday morning to "watch" my Grandpa's funeral service via Skype. And the best part? God allowed for the internet connection to be perfect. I was able to watch the whole service with crystal clear picture for over an hour. I got to laugh and cry with my family and friends in attendance. I even got to watch as my Mom read a little something that I wrote for my Grandpa and listen to my older brother as he shared what an amazing man my Grandpa was. Yes, I got to be a part of it. I texted my Mom about it after the service was over and she said, "she really was here." 
I have also gotten to call several times over the last few days and one again? You got it, perfect connection. Yes, God has been allowing me to be part of what is going on 8,000 miles away. I even talked to my Grandma this morning and she said "it sounds like you are right next door!" Yes, blessings indeed.
It has been by His strength and His strength alone that I have found such joy and peace over the last week. That I can smile and be filled with His presence during this time. Yes, there are still tears. Yes, it'll be especially hard in November when I am back home and my Grandpa is not there. That is probably when it will actually hit me. But I am so thankful that I will be home for the holidays with my family and especially my Grandma. Yes, God has this all figured out and His timing is perfect. I have seen His hand in my life in the past valley's I have walked through and I know that He is with me now.

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts, prayers, emails, messages, and phone calls. You have no idea how much it means to me. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...