Monday, August 12, 2013

Whispered Reminder

Today I have just felt anxious. I know, rather ironic since my last few posts have talked about "peace." But isn't that how life goes? One day we are fulled with peace, the next day anxiety. It's an up and down roller coaster ride.

My weekend was nice. Relaxing, stress-free, and just peaceful. Today? Well it's Monday and I'm reminded of all I have to do. Pictures that need to be taken, blog posts (for the Foster Home) that need to be written, measurements that need to be recorded and entered into the computer, preschool lessons that need to be planned and prepared, and the list goes on and on. To top that off, I'm watching air prices for a trip I'm planning this fall. Why oh why didn't I just buy them last week? Yeah.... famous last words right? Then there's my big ticket to purchase for  my flight home for Christmas. Have I mentioned how much I dislike buying plane tickets? Well I do.... like a lot. *Sigh* Then of course I have friends and family on my heart, prayer requests, pain, suffering, hurt. Yeah, a lot to take in for a Monday morning right? And I've only had one cup of coffee.... maybe that's it.

As my mind goes on and on this morning, I felt that still small voice deep in my soul whisper, "Do not be anxious about anything." Right, one of my favorite verses. And what is the ending of that verse? "But in EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of Christ which passes ALL understanding will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

Thank you Lord for that reminder. Everything is in Your hands and in Your timing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...