Saturday, August 10, 2013

Life is Fragile

Sometimes you just have to stop and reflect on life. Think about all God has done, is doing, and will do. And just be reminded of how very precious life is. I am reminded how fragile life is every day in the news. We hear tragedy after tragedy and then of course in the work I am doing here. We get a call. Make arrangements to bring a child in. Then we get another call... that child has passed away before we could get to them. This has happened way too many times than I care to remember. 
But through the pain and the tragedy, I am reminded how I serve an Amazing God. A God who loves, cares, and IS working, even when (or probably especially when) I don't understand. A God who has such a heart for the orphan. Who knows the number of hairs on their heads, and who is so very, very precious in His sight.

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
John 14:16

He cares for the least, the lost, and the lonely. He puts the orphans in homes, sets the prisoners free, and works miracle after miracle after miracle. We sure serve an awesome God now, don't we?
Thank you Jesus, loving us and each one of these precious children who have gripped my heart so tightly. Thank you for having a plan for their life and a good plan at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...