Thursday, August 8, 2013

Peace

I know, I know.... I was doing SO WELL with blogging and now it appears as though I've fallen of the "blogging band wagon." Maybe it doesn't really seem that way to you, but to me, it does. Reasons for this? Really simple actually. I currently don't have internet and since blogging requires the internet... it's really hard to blog.

I am currently living in an apartment that has not been lived in yet. We have a family joining us hopefully soon in our work here and their lease began this past month. Therefore, since they are paying rent but not here to enjoy it, asked if I'd mind "apartment sitting" until they arrived. Sure, why not? It has been wonderful except that you got it, I don't have internet. However, it hasn't been that bad really. In all honesty it's been kind of nice. Do you know how much time can be wasted online? Or maybe it's just me. I could spend hours and then have no idea where the time went. Therefore, this past week has been good. Really, really good. The apartment is in a beautiful location. On the second floor overlooking the "water" (we have lots of pools and streams around our apartment complex). Since it's on the 2nd floor, it is shaded with palm trees which makes the atmosphere absolutely lovely. I have been spending most of my time, sitting on the porch (with bug spray of course!), with the breeze blowing in my hair, drinking a cup of coffee or tea, and reading. I have had a lot on my mind and in my heart lately and just taking the time to sit and pray about it has been so life-giving and refreshing. Something I should have been doing anyways. Funny how I find myself with so much more time when I don't have the temptation of going on Facebook or Twitter. It has reminded me how even when I DO have access to those things, I need to be intentional about taking the time to disconnect and connect with Him.

I don't know about you, but I often just need to "sit and be in the presence of Jesus." To allow Him to speak to me and for me to be quiet enough to listen to His voice. China has taught a lot about just "being." Not always running around going once place or another but just being with Him. Let's be honest, without friends, not speaking the language, my social life is a bit lacking (as in non-existent). And yes, I still have this fear that when I move back to the states I will have had become this very anti-social person (I really don't think that'll happen). But just being in His presence? That is something that was few and far between when I was in the US. Yes, China has been good. So, so hard, but really, really good as well. The last 17 months (!) has taught me more about myself and about my Maker than I probably learned in the first 26 years of my life.

I guess I encourage you to "just be in His presence." To take some time to disconnect, to sit and listen for His voice. Pour our your heart and allow Him to speak to you. It is so very refreshing and peaceful!

"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength."
Isaiah 30:15



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...