Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bittersweet

Time is flying by. Hard to believe that just 5 weeks from Tuesday I will boarding a plane for China. It is very bittersweet. I can not wait to be back in China. To be back in the country I love, with the people I love, and the children I love. But it will be hard saying goodbye to my friends and family here in the states. Actually what will make this goodbye a bit easier is knowing that I will be back in 4 months for my cousin’s wedding. Therefore, it is not quite as “unknown,” but it is still hard.

As my departure date draws nearer, I try not to think of the goodbye’s coming, my last day of work in a few weeks, last nights hanging out at home, precious time spent with my sister and family, or thinking about the events in the coming months that I will miss.  I’ve never been good with goodbye’s or “see you laters” as I call them. However, I have learned that God is with me through each one. He is good and He is faithful. Yes, it is hard, but He is there through it all.

Even though it’ll be hard and sad, God is good. And I know He will never leave me nor forsake me. He has called me and He is faithful. Will you keep me and my family in your prayers these next few weeks? I am SO excited for the adventure that God and I are about to embark upon, but I’m just sad as well.

Now on a not so sad note, have I mentioned that in the last few days, I am now LESS than $2,000 away from my support raising goal?! God is SO good. I KNOW He will provide the rest of the funds I need in the coming month. Praise Jesus!

Anneli

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you. Keep the pictures coming. Your vicariate,
    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...