Tuesday, January 4, 2011

God Will Supply All Your Needs

I was hoping that maybe I would be sharing good news with you all, news that I had finally gotten a job. However, that is not going to be the case. I’ve keep most of the job stuff on the DL because I’m just tired of explaining over and over again that once again, I did not get one. The last few months I’ve kind of taken a break on the whole social work job. Except for one I applied for a week before Thanksgiving. Long story short is that I never heard anything so assumed that I didn’t get it but then on December 16th got a call for an interview on the 17th. Interview went really well and the job was a lot more interesting that I had anticipated (working with mental health which is not my passion). So the last few weeks (told me I wouldn’t hear until after New Years) I’ve been going back and forth as to whether or not I would take it if it was offered. I’ve been praying about it and seeking the Lord’s guidance. It made sound crazy to some people but I’ve finally reached a place in my life where I want to do what the Lord wants me to and be where He wants me. And so if I feel a nudging from Him that I’m not supposed to do something, I listen to Him. But with this job, I kept leaning towards taking it probably because of the security of it and stability which I have been wanting for the past 5 months. However, that is not God’s plan. I received an email yesterday morning (really?!) that I was not chosen for the position. My family and friends have been so supportive of me and loved me through all the rejections and disappointments I’ve faced the past few months.

How am I feeling? I think my initial reaction yesterday was “relief.” Relief in knowing that God didn’t make me chose. He gave the answer so clearly that I didn’t have to make a decision (which I’m really bad at sometimes!). My second reaction though was disappointment. Disappointed because this it the 4th promising job I’ve been turned down from and it’s just getting old. Doesn’t help my self-esteem at all. And thirdly, I felt joy. Joy that I know God is in control and I know He will supply all my needs. Yesterday after I received the email, I was reading a book and the Lord gave me this verse from Philippians 4:19: “And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

That’s all I need to know. I don’t have to be happy or understand it or even be thrilled at the moment. But I know that God WILL provide all my needs as He has done up to this point. Who knows, maybe He has far greater plans than I have for myself.

“What’s next?” you may ask? I’m done looking for a social work “career” at the moment. I need a break. Instead I’m turning in another direction and looking for something which will at least pay my bills. We will see where that leads. I know the Lord can use me wherever I am, I just need to keep reminding myself of that. “He will provide ALL my needs.” That I am thankful for.

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...