Sunday, January 2, 2011

God Cares for You

How does Santa know just what I need? : )  This Christmas a received the book “Quiet Confidence for a Woman’s Heart” by Elizabeth George. I’m sure I’ll be quoting it quite frequently. I’ve only read the first chapter but I found tears in my eyes as I read because it just fit where I’m at so perfectly. It was like this chapter was written for me. It was based on Psalm 23:1 which says “The Lord is my shepherd” and John 10:14 which says, “I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.” Elizabeth George talked a lot about how much a shepherd loves his sheep and this analogy is so common in the Bible.

One thing that has been tough for me the last few months is not just trusting God but trusting His timing. I think that I know the timing better when I definitely do not! One quote from the book was: “when fears regarding the cares of this world set in, we need to confidently lean on God’s promise to care for us.” I let fear stand in the way so much. It stands in the way that God is calling me to go. Another thing I’ve struggled with lately is timing. God’s timing. “You don’t need to know the path, the plan, or the future. You only need to know the God who promises to care for you and to lead you. You can trust Him!” I KNOW I can trust Him because He has proved Himself faithful, so then why do I feel like I NEED to know the future and how everything will work out? Probably because I’m human and a female and a planner and He is taking that from me so that I will trust Him and lean on Him for support and strength. The third quote that spoke to me was “Therefore we need no details. We need only to follow, knowing everything will be all right.” Amen to that. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we cannot see. I can’t see the future or how God is going to work out my life. But that requires faith. How appropriate that my parents decided to give me the middle name Faith. You’d think I’d be better at it!

I’m excited for this year. Excited for the many changes I feel that are to come. 2010 was exciting and tough all at the same time. It had it’s ups and downs. I’m ready for a new start and excited for the year that the Lord has in store for me. I know it wont all be easy but I will rely on Him and trust Him through it all. That I AM sure of.

Anneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...