Sunday, July 11, 2010

He Uses Us to Speak to Others

So I've always heard that God will give us the words to say to speak to people and I realized just how true that was today. I spoke at my Church this morning for the first time since I got home. It was our semi-annual meeting and they wanted me to give a report about my time in China. How do you really talk about 4 months in China in 5 minutes? I honestly still had no idea what I was going to say when I walked up there. However I prayed that God would speak through me. That He would give me the words to say and the way to say them. That He would also just calm my nerves as I was rather nervous getting up there (you'd think I'd be used to it by now). He did just that. A few stories from China came to mind and I was able to share that with the congregation. I think that it really hit some people. God is so amazing like that!
 
Here are a few pictures from camp. Life at Mission Meadows is good. We just started our 3rd week of kids camp and it is junior highers this week. These kids come with a lot of "baggage" and is a time in their life when they're deciding if this faith thing is for them or not. Please be praying for them and also for the staff and that the Lord would be using us to speak to them. I pray that they won't remember their counselors or the fun games here but they'll remember that this is where they met with Jesus. That He becomes so real an apparent in their lives.
 
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
                                                                                                                                                                                        - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...