Thursday, July 15, 2010

Resting in Him

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
                                                                    - Matthew 11:28-30
 
One thing I have learned is that working in ministry is exausting especially when we don't take the time to rest in Him. This a verse that has really been on my mind today as I'm just tired. We can't continue to pour out to others when we are not pouring into ourselves and continuing to be refilled by Him. Just like baby Shaun in these pictures, we just need to rest sometimes! : )

2 comments:

  1. Great scripture... there is a reason God needs us to take time to rest. It's important for us and for our time of refreshing in HIM...it's often the time we clear our minds enough to truly sit back and listen to what He has to say... and I KNOW He has big things in store for your future, Anneli! I'm praying for you!! <><

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    P.S.>>. I sure do miss that cutie, Shaun...he is SUCH a hunny, and these are beautiful pictures of the two of you together.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaun. He is getting so big now, but not any less cute. I was just watching some old videos I had of us hanging out with him.

    Lifting you up all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...