Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some thoughts



So good to be home. It is my 4th day home and each day keeps getting better. I must say that it has been rather difficult so far. Hard to live in China for 4 months and then come home and have everything the same and feel as though you never left. Hard to just jump back into life in the states after some of the things I've seen in China. The way people live so much differently there than here and the way that China's culture is just completely different than the states. I love being home. I love being able to see my family and my friends and get caught up with everyone. However it's been difficult too. Difficult because I miss my kids so much and just long to hold and kiss them again. I also just miss living in China and the simple way they have of living. It's hard to come home and just switch back into "normal life." I'm not sure if I'll be able to live "normally" again after this experience.

However through the whold adjustment, God is faithful. I have felt His hand and His presence when I get frustrated and just don't know what to think of how to react. People were right, you definately need a few day to adjust and to get over culture shock and grieve leaving China. But God has been with me through it all. I love it that I have a God who is so apparent to me in China and also so apparent to me here!

Here is a picture of me and my Grandma. I bought her a tea set from China (my favorite gift that I bought)! I missed her greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...