Thursday, September 17, 2009

Exciting news!!!

This summer has been a summer of many changes. At the start of the summer, I thought that I would be applying for jobs throughout the summer and would be moving sometime this fall to start one of those. However, God doesn't always work in the way that we think He is going too! So instead.....

I'M GOING TO CHINA!!!! Yes, you read that right. God put China and orphans on my heart back in 2002 when my family adopted Kiah from China. Ever since then I knew that I wanted to make a difference and I wanted to help these kids find forever families. I decided to major in sociology in college so that I could one day work at an adoption agency, helping families through the adoption process. I had a heart for China and the orphans there but I didn't want to go. I wanted to work at an agency in the states and help families over here from where I'm comfortable. Well, this summer God was like "no." "You need to GO to China and love these orphans." I've known for about 6 or 7 years that I was supposed to go to China but I've been avoiding it and saying "no" to God. This summer at Mission Meadows was an amazing experience and my faith has gone to the next level. I want to do something different and not the "normal" thing that society wants. I know that God wants me to go out of my comfort zone and to go oversees and love these kids. I know without a doubt that this is what I'm supposed to do.

So, I said "yes" to God and I'm going. I'll be working at a foster home in China around Beijing. I'm going sometime in January 2010 through May 2010, so I'll be there for about 4 months. I'm super excited and scared to death at the same time.

Continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers as these next few months are going to be very busy getting ready. I know that this is where God is leading me and He will help me through it all. Thanks for all your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...