Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving Thoughts

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him; bless His Name! For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever. And His faithfulness to all generations."

Psalm 100:4-5



There is so much to be thankful for this year. As I curled up this morning with my cup of hot coffee, I couldn't help but reflect on all that the Lord has done in the past year and particularly, how I was feeling last Thanksgiving.



Last year on this day, I was preparing to move to Oklahoma in just a few days. As much as I love this holiday and spending it with my family, I remember feeling just a bit anxious. I was moving to a new city, new state, new job, new apartment, new car, etc. I remember very clearly thinking "what am I getting myself into?" I remember it being a day of bittersweet feelings: my first Thanksgiving home from China but also knowing that I was once again moving away from everyone I loved.


But just as God always is, He has been faithful each and every step of the way. From guiding me to the perfect apartment to providing me with incredible friends in my new city.


I am unfortunately not able to be home with my family this Thanksgiving, but I am blessed to have friends who are allowing me to take part in their family's Thanksgiving festivities. Speaking of family time, I fly to New York 3 weeks from tomorrow to spend a week and a half with my family!


Whatever you are doing this Thanksgiving, I pray that you take the time to reflect on all that the Lord has done in your life.


For some, this Thanksgiving may be a day of pain and heartache. Maybe it is your first Thanksgiving after losing someone you love or maybe life hasn't turned out quite like you expected it would. I pray that if this is you, that you feel His presence and comfort like never before.

 
Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from Tulsa! Praying that you are filled with God's peace and blessing this Thanksgiving day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...