Saturday, December 27, 2014

All is Calm, All is Bright

"All is calm, all is bright."
What a week this has been. I arrived home late Sunday evening and we have been going non-stop since then. Baking, shopping, wrapping, get together with family, and of course lots and lots of coffee drinking. 

It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and the bustle of the season and forget the real meaning, that Jesus Christ came to earth as a baby boy, for us.


One of my favorite Christmas tradition is our Christmas Eve service at Church, especially at the end when we light individual candles, turn down the lights, and sing "Silent Night." I look forward to it each year!


This Christmas season was a little different for me (I feel like I've said that for the last few years!). Since just a few weeks ago I moved to a new city and state, this Christmas was more simplified and I didn't have time to go all out on the decorations or the shopping or the normal Christmas festivities. After not being home on Christmas the last few years, it made this Christmas even more special. I have learned to not take for granted being home with my family for the holidays. 


And now here we are, it's Saturday already and I fly back to Tulsa tomorrow afternoon. I knew this week would go fast but it just flew by.  

Won't you please continue to keep me in your prayers as I return to Tulsa? It has been a very emotional month and it has been so nice being home where everything is familiar and comfortable. 

"Immanuel, God with us." 
That is what I keep reminding myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...