Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Latest News

"God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day."
Psalm 46:5

(A verse the Lord laid on my heart a few months ago)

I know I have been pretty silent these last few weeks. On October 22nd, I asked for prayers for some big, upcoming decisions I might have to make, and I did indeed, have to make them.

I arrived back in the United States on July 19th. It has been about 3 1/2 months since I have been back on US soil. When people ask me if there was a specific reason why I left China, the only answer I can give is that "it was time." It was. I loved what I did, I still miss the children and the staff, and yes, I even miss China (mainly the food!) from time to time. But, never once in the last 3 1/2 months, have I yearned to be back. And that means, that it really was time for me to leave.


Since arriving back in the states, I have been praying and seeking direction as to what the Lord has for me next. And I loved my two years in China and I know that those are memories and experiences that will stay with me forever. But I also knew that those two years were not going to be the highlight of my life. Yes, they are up there alright, but I know that just because I have left China doesn't mean that the Lord is going to stop using me. And so these last few months have been spent praying for the new ministry, the new journey the Lord has me. This summer and fall, doors have opened. I interviewed for several positions all over the country, and time and time again, those doors closed. All along I have been praying for the Lord to make it very clear to me, when the right door opens.

I will share the entire story lately (I'm working on it!) but to make a long story short, this one particular door opened in early October. And stayed open. Many of you already know this news if you are friends with me on FB or follow me on Instagram, but for those of you who don't know, I wanted to share. On October 23rd, I was offered a job and on October 27th, I accepted it. I have been hired in the adoption department at Dillon International adoption agency in Tulsa, Oklahoma! After spending 2 years in China, loving on precious orphans, I now get to play a role in bringing them home to their forever families! Is God good or what? I couldn't be more excited (or scared!) for the next journey the Lord has me on. I will be moving to Tulsa the first week of December. Right now I am researching apartments and trying to find one from 16 1/2 hours away (which is a little difficult although not too horrible with google earth and other internet resources).

Although it is exciting, it's hard too. I'm  moving away from my family and friends, again. And even though it's not as far as China, it's still far. But it just feels so right and so I am walking in faith and know that the Lord will see me through. Won't you join me in prayer as I move again in a month and adjust to my new home in Tulsa?

"We live by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7


4 comments:

  1. Anneli, I'm happy to hear you have found a position doing what you love! Rich and I remember those days moving all over the country trying to find housing over the Internet...not easy. You will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are so happy for you and talk about you often :-) I still look for you on the balcony and although we miss you we look forward to how the Lord is using you next.I am thankful the Lord had us cross your path and Laura's past two you are forever part of our story and we look forward to the next season of your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear, Dear Ayi!! We think of you and talk about you so much!! Annie always has a big smile on her face at the mention of your name! We are so happy we had a few minutes to check such exciting news! Will be praying for you and your new opportunity! We know that God will "hem you in" by going before you and after you :):)! Big hugs to you! Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...