Monday, November 17, 2014

{Adoption Awareness Month} GO

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
John 14:18


Since November is National Adoption Awareness month, I am doing a series of several posts on how you can be involved in orphan care. Whether it's through adoption, going, giving, or supporting, I want to give you tangible ways to do something. Because after all, we are all called to do something.

On Friday, I talked about how the most important thing we can do is PRAY. And that is so true! But maybe the Lord is nudging you to do something more. Maybe He wants you to GO! I can not encourage you enough that if the Lord is laying it on your heart to go, then go! Whether it's for a few days, a week, two weeks, a month, a year, or ten years. It doesn't matter how long or where, the Lord will use you.

The time I have spent in China and Mexico, which is where my first mission trip was when I was 15 years old, have been such life changing experiences. The Lord has broken my heart for what breaks His and I will never be the same. Let me warn you though, when God opens your heart and your eyes to the hurting and poverty in this world, you will NEVER see the world the same again. I think that's a good thing, but it's a hard thing. And I will leave that up to you and your own opinion.

Maybe you are thinking,

"Where can I go?" or "I want to go, but where do I start?"

There are so many options and it can be extremely overwhelming if you don't know where to start. Below you will find links for a few organizations that are great options. Also, many Church's go on mission trips! Whether it's overseas or right here in the United States. I can't encourage you enough to GO. And experience it for yourself.

ACT Mission Trips

New Day Foster Home

Orphan Outreach

Show Hope

These are just a few links of great organizations that I know of but there are many others! Have questions? I'd love to hear from you! Email me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...