Thursday, August 28, 2014

Right Here

I have been back in the United States for almost 6 weeks and it has been an interesting 6 weeks. The Lord has been doing so much in my heart during this time. It has been wonderful being back but it has also been very hard. Not because I miss China or don't want to be here, it's just a strange period of transition. And I still kind of feel like this is just another visit home. When I would come home in the past it was for a month or two. Once I reach the two month mark in late September, then we will see how I am feeling. Transition is the key word in all of this. I have no idea how long I am going to be in western NY. I feel like the Lord has somewhere else for me to be, somewhere where my next ministry calling is. But right now? Right now he has me right here. Right here in the midst of confusion and uncertainty and He has been meeting me here. One thing that has been on my mind a lot lately is that this is probably the last time I will be in this season. Not a season of waiting but a season of being at home with my mom, dad, and sister. When the right door does open up and the Lord leads me to wherever He is going to next, I most likely won't be back. Yes, to visit of course and maybe even move back here one day (one never know!) but living at home with my family, unemployed, and have all sorts of time to dig into His Word and spend quality time with Him? Yeah.... this may be a very unique season. And so I am embracing this season. Enjoying it and being thankful for where He has me NOW. Because I have a feeling I will look back on this season one day and see how His fingerprints were all over it. In order to help me, I have been focusing on all the blessings He has given me to enjoy during this time. 

I have been able to take in several ball games under the lights with my family. Nothing quite like sitting at a ballgame on a chilly evening enjoying the clean, fresh air. 


Dip n' dots. I think this the first time I've ever really had them! They aren't too bad!


It wouldn't be an "Anneli post" unless coffee was mentioned. I am thankful for my mornings spent on my porch with my mug of coffee. 


Soaking in His Word.


I am thankful for the beauty of the sun shining through the trees that are starting to change color. Have I mentioned how much I love fall?





The beautiful flowers that are planted...


... and in the fields.


And for a vehicle to drive for a while!


I may not know what is next or when that will take place but for now I am right here.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, 
you should ask God, 
who gives generously to all without finding fault, 
and it will be given to you."
James 1:5


1 comment:

  1. Anneli..Thk U for the update. We vCard ontinue to PRAY for you. At times my pray err rs are filled with PRAISE as I find myself getting so EXCITED re where and what the Lord is preparing for you!! :-)
    Luv Marleen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...