Saturday, August 30, 2014

And He's Off!

Brother #5, my baby brother, is now at college. How in the world did THAT happen? I have no idea.... all I know is that it's rather strange around here without him and I'm sure it will be for quite a while. Tage is Mr. Personality. Always makes me laugh and smile and his sense of humor is priceless. He's a lovable lug. And we will sure miss him but I am so excited for him and the next adventure that the Lord has him on. 

Yesterday was "move-in" day and it was a little more exciting because he is the first child who has decided NOT to go to St.Bonaventure University where the rest of us have gone. Nope, he is straying off the path and attending Houghton College which is about 45 minutes past bonas. Yesterday was a fun day of getting his room set up and helping him get settled. Yes, it's a new adventure, that is for sure. 


ID picture taken!


Now Houghton is located in the exactly the middle of nowhere. Honestly. Like there is a Subway and a Chinese restaurant (very important!) and that's about it. A good friend of mine from high school attended Houghton and she answered a very important question for me: "where do you get a cup of coffee?" The answer? There is a lovely little coffee shop in the basement of the main building and they serve Starbucks products. So of course I had to check it out. I approve. It's offiical, Tage can stay. 


Tage's new "home away from home." His dorm is gorgeous! So big and beautiful!


Houghton class of 2018!


On our hour and 45 minute drive back home, there was this gorgeous sunset. Tage, we will miss you, but God is truly at work in your life and I can't wait to have a front row seat to see what He will do!


"The Heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands."
Psalm 19:1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...