Thursday, June 12, 2014

What I want to Remember

Precious babies. I get to work with precious babies each and every day. And those days are running out. I only have a limited number left. But yet, I try not to think about that too long. Too often, I find myself in the sadness of what's to come rather than living in the here and now. With just a few more weeks left, I want to live in the here and now. 


I am getting done what needs to be done. Working ahead on social networking for the foster home, packing, cleaning, weeding out, giving away, picture taking, and then of course lots and lots of baby holding. That is what I want to remember about my last few weeks in China. Not about the "work" I needed to get done or developmental assessments that need to be updated. Yes, some of that is necessary, but holding and loving on precious children, now that is a requirement. And that, is how I want to remember my remaining weeks here.


The paperwork will get done. Yes, even the blog posts will get written. Actually I've been trying to work on those from home so that I can spend more time with the babies when I'm actually in the foster home.


The pure sweetness of a baby's fingers and toes and their soft little coos, now that is what I want to be doing for the remainder of my time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...