Monday, May 5, 2014

Season of Change

What a week it has been. And what a week it is going to be. I haven't been blogging because I don't have anything to say. I actually have a lot to say, it's just every time I log into my blog, and try to come up with a post, I just don't know what to write. Or maybe, how to say it. So much has happened in the last few months and there is so much on my heart.

On Saturday, I said goodbye to Laura who has spent the last seven weeks with me here in China. It was quite the adventure and not one I will ever forget. We traveled to Macau, Beijing, and Hong Kong together. We made memories with our silly antics and loving on such precious children in the foster home. This will be a time in our lives that we will never forget. I am so thankful for such an amazing friend as Laura. She has been with me through the ups and the downs. She has blessed me in more ways than she will ever know. And I can't help but be thankful for her friendship in my life.


Laura, thank you for your heart, love for God, and your love for orphans all over the world. You have blessed these children more than you will ever know. Thank you for giving two months of your life for them. They all miss you already!


If saying goodbye to Laura wasn't hard enough, in just seven short days, I'll say goodbye to my precious Sweetheart. 


It'll be a goodbye that is very bittersweet. I am so very happy for her and that she is leaving to join her forever family. The family the Lord has had set aside for her all along. And even though my heart is filled with joy and happiness for her, it is also breaking. Every time I think about going into the foster home after she leaves, and not having her there, the tears begin falling. It's not only that she's leaving. It's that in just a few short months, I also, will be leaving.

It's a season of change. And change, no matter how good it may be, is still hard.


And so, I am cherishing my last moments with her. And here.  No, I know it's not the end of our story together, but it's the end of this chapter.

This little one has been such a huge part in healing my heart. During all those months of not knowing if I could go a step father, loving on her brought me such purpose and joy. She played a huge role in God putting the pieces of my broken heart together again. And because of that, I will forever be thankful for her and the blessing she has been in my life.

I came to China not quite sure why God was calling me here at such a low time in my life. Looking back, He called me here to heal and to restore. I needed Sweetheart as much as she needed me. And for her life, I will always be thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...