Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Snapshot: Wasn't it Just Yesterday?

Two years old. This little Sweetheart turns 2 years old today. Wasn't it just yesterday that I held her in my arms, giving her a bottle in the hospital, waiting to see the doctor so we knew exactly what we were dealing with? Wasn't is just yesterday, that I cried out to the Father on behalf of this little girl who was recently abandoned and praying for an English name for her? Wasn't it just yesterday that the Lord gave me this passage that I would and still continue to pray over her life?

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
your Savior."
Isaiah 43:1-3


And what a two years it has been. The Lord has worked miracle after miracle in this little one's life. She is no longer weak and fragile but she is now full of life, joy, and giggles. She makes me smile and laugh each day and she is truly a blessing from the Lord. 


You see, this little one came to me at a time when I needed her most. I was broken, confused, and in need of healing. The Lord used her to heal me. While spending hours holding and praying for her, the Lord not only healed her, but He healed me.


This Sweetheart will always be near and dear to me and hold a very special place in my heart. I am blessed that our story together is only beginning. His plan is above all we could ever ask or imagine!


Happy 2nd Birthday to my little Sweetheart. I am so thankful that this is her last birthday spent without her forever family. Although I will miss seeing her each day, I know the Lord has such an amazing plan for her life and I can't wait to watch that plan unfold.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted." 
Psalm 34:18

Linking up with Ni Hao Ya'll




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...