Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Treat

I love cereal. Unfortunately cereal in China is very expensive so I never buy it. Expensive as in $8-$9 USD for a box. No, it's just not worth it. However, what about when I find cereal on sale because it'll expire next month and is only just over $3 USD a box? I just can't pass that up!


Honestly, I'm a Raisin Bran and Shredded Wheat kind of girl but my choices are slim here.


I used to get this cereal as a child for my "birthday cereal." "What is birthday cereal?" you ask? Why, it's the box of sugar cereal I got to pick out when I was younger and had it all to myself. My Mom always bought the "healthy" kinds so this was always a treat!


As I got older though, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the sugary cereals anymore except once in a while. And this, my friends, is once in a while. I've lived in China almost 2 years now and I've never once bought cereal.


Until yesterday. And let me tell you, it was delicious. Sugar and all. Even though it was kind of like having cookies for breakfast, it was scrumptious.

Now the question is, "how long can I make it last?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...