Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tis the Season

For strawberries!!! I know, so much excitement over this one fruit isn't it? The reason for this is that we only get fruit here when they are in season. No importing fruit over here like in the states. And when is strawberry season? January. That's right, pretty hard for this NY girl to comprehend! And.... it only lasts for a few weeks so you have to get them while they are around!

This past summer I finally bought a blender as I absolutely love smoothies. My dear Mother sent me a few smoothie mixes. I've already had the banana one (we can get bananas year round) but had to save the strawberry and mango ones since they were out of season. 

You guessed it! I had the most delicious strawberry smoothie ever yesterday! It just wasn't big enough. 






This is milk in case you were wondering.












Even though I only had one mix, I will be buying more strawberries and adding milk, yogurt, and ice to make more smoothies. Yum, yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...