Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sunday Snapshot: Hard Goodbye

I just loved having my brother, Thaddeus, here. Like really loved it. I will admit, I was a little nervous at first because I'm so used to just "my life" over here that I wasn't sure how it would be to have another person around. But it was great! He was able to see and experience a lot in the 2 weeks he was in China. And surprisingly, things went very smoothly. 

On Tuesday afternoon, it was time to say goodbye. He became quite attached to little Treasure which made it painfully hard to say goodbye. 


These two were inseparable for those two weeks he was here. Playing, reading, laughing for hours. It brought me to tears several times just watching them together.


In such a short time together, they fell in love with each other. And I know they miss each other terribly.


When Thaddeus was in the room, no one else existed to Treasure, not even me! Their bond was that strong.


 A beautiful friendship was formed in such a short amount of time.


Which made the goodbye all the more painful. It was painful to watch when he walked out of the playroom for the last time and Treasure lifted her arms in anticipation of being picked up.

*Sigh* It's hard. But I know that two lives were changed in their time together. And that makes it even more special and I know the memories will last forever.

Linking up with Ni Hao Ya'll



6 comments:

  1. What gorgeous and special images for him to have. I am sure they will be treasured. Thank you for sharing them!
    ~nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful time and I am sure those memories will last a life time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how special it is to watch a little one become attached to someone and how difficult it is when you know that person has to leave (and the little one won't know why). I am sure those moments together had a lasting impact on both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so precious


    sophia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful images - I hope Miss Treasure is doing ok and not missing her buddy to terribly.

    Blessings, Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...