Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Snapshot: Remembering

Yesterday, December 7th, is a very special day in the Johnson household. It is a day of remembering. On December 7, 1981, my older twin sisters, Sarah Elizabeth and Linnea Elise were born. 

Some of you may be wondering, "I thought you had only one sister and she is younger?" You would be partially right. Thirty-two years ago, my older sisters were born, however their time on this earth was brief. 

One died the same day she was born, the other two days later. Each year on their birthday, we make a cake in their memory. This year I found a camouflage cake that I wanted to try. I figured if Sarah and Linnea were here, they would understand. 
After mixing up the cake I separated the batter into four different bowls for the different colors.
I then "blobbed" the colors around the cake pan.
Cooling before decorating.
The finished product!
Tage was obviously pretty excited about lighting the candles,
 We sang "Happy Birthday,"
and the cake was cut.
The camouflage didn't turn out quite how I thought it would after it baked but not bad.
The taste, however, was absolutely delicious.

Happy 32nd Birthday, Sarah & Linnea. I can't wait to meet you in Heaven one day!

Linking up for Sunday Snapshot with Ni Hao Yall 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...