Friday, December 27, 2013

Beijing: Forbidden City

I was planning on getting a blog posted written last night from our adventures in Beijing yesterday but since the internet wasn't cooperating, I wasn't able. Now that I am up bright and early (thanks a lot, jet lag), I figured I'd try to update. 

After a very interesting start to our trip (that will be another post for another day), we finally arrived in Beijing Thursday evening (China time) at about 10:15 p.m. After going through customs, getting our luggage (which thankfully all made it), and exchanging some money, it was off to find a taxi to take us to our hotel. Since it was pretty late at night, the airport wasn't too crazy and we only had to wait about 15 minutes to get a taxi and arrived safely at our hotel. It took us a while to wind down after our day of travel and finally climbed into bed around 1:30 a.m. 

Short night of sleep since we were up by 7 a.m. getting ready to meet our tour guide for the day at 8. 

The first stop? Forbidden City.

Here is Thaddeus and Mao. 


About to enter the Forbidden City!


We had a beautiful day to visit! The air was brisk but in the low 30's which not much wind. It could have been much colder! This isn't a busy tourist time of year so we were able to take our time, take pictures, and ask questions without having to deal with the crowds. 


We have a picture of my Mom and Dad in about this same spot from almost 12 years ago when they cameto China to adopt Kiah. Even though this was my second visit to Forbidden City, it was pretty cool to be there with my brother.




After Forbidden City, we visited a Jade Factory which is also where we ate lunch. Thad's first authentic Chinese meal. Sweet and Sour chicken was one of the items on the menu. He liked it!


Learning how to use chopsticks. Not too bad!


Since we saw so much yesterday and I have quite a few pictures, I'll do separate posts for the different sites we saw. Great Wall pictures coming soon!

This morning we will check out of our hotel and then take a taxi back to the airport to fly to Guangzhou. I get to see my babies tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...