Tuesday, October 22, 2013

On the Up and Up

Oh the joys of working with kids. The last five days have been a bit rough as I have been at home, in bed, sick. Not just a cold but fever, chills, aching body, awful cough, the whole works. Yes, it has been truly a joy, let me tell you. I'm kind of baby when it comes to being sick. And being far away from home doesn't help matters. Figuring this was just a 24 hour bug, took Friday off to rest and recuperate. Well Friday came and went as well as Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Still not feeling much better.

Finally today I am feeling much "more human like." And that, my friends, is always a good sign. It could be the fact that our Medical Coordinator brought me to the local pharmacy yesterday and got me all sorts of medicines or the fact that I have been sleeping most of the last 5 days. Whatever the reason, I'm finally feeling better.

Thanks for those of you who were praying for me! One thing I have learned about sickness is that it forces you to slow down. I am not one to slow down too often unless forced. Well, apparently God had to force me. Rest is not a bad thing, not at all.

Now if only this cough will go away life will be grand...


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...