Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Snapshot: Apple Scones

Once in a while, I really like to bake. But when the weather is hot and humid, I hardly ever feel like it. Which means I usually take "summers off" from baking around here. Finally the weather is starting to cool down and it's not quite as humid. Which means that I felt the urge to bake on this lovely Sunday afternoon. 

I decided to try "Apple Scones" in honor of fall. 
 After cutting them, I had to shred them.
 I am trying a Chinese flour and wasn't too sure how they would turn out... so far, so good.
 Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on top and they are ready to bake!
 And the result? Not too bad! They are actually quite delicious if I do say so myself.
Happy Fall! I found my recipe at All Recipes. Here it is if you want to try them yourself. I only did half a batch since it's only me and that made 4 scones.

Apple Scones

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, chilled
1 apple - peeled, cored, & shredded
1/2 cup milk

For Topping:
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
1. Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt into large bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add shredded apple and milk. Stir to form a soft dough.

2. Turn dough into a lightly floured surface. Kneed gently 8-10 times. Pat into two 6-inch circles. Place on greesed baking sheet. Brush tops with milk, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Score each into 6 pie shaped wedges (I was only able to get 4).

3. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 C) for 15 minutes, or until browned and risen. Serve warm with butter.




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...