Friday, September 27, 2013

Consider it Joy

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. Blessed are those who persevere under trial, because when they have stood the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him."
James 1:2-4, 12
This was a passage the Lord placed firmly on my heart about 2 1/2 years ago. It was a time of utter confusion, sadness, and heartbreak. A time when I had no idea what God was doing or how He was going to bring good from this situation. But more importantly than all of that, how was I going to ever heal? 

Fast forward 10 months... I was hopping on a plane, moving to China for a few years. How did I manage to muster enough energy and strength to raise support and prepare my heart to go? That is a very good question. My answer? By His strength alone. And now, 18 months later, I can't help but look back at all that has taken place since that awful May day in 2011 and stand in awe. Yesterday morning, I felt a strong urge to read that passage in James 1 once again and reflect. As I read God's Word, I was brought to tears. God is so very, very good. Do I know the "good" He has brought out of this situation yet? Not necessarily but I do know that He has taught me so much about His goodness and faithfulness. 

And I have learned that He DOES heal and restore. And that the testing of faith does produce perseverance. Praise be to God. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...