Sunday, August 25, 2013

Recipe: Homemade Coffee Creamer

I am addicted to coffee. And the first step in overcoming an addiction is admitting you have a problem, right? Yes, I have a problem. However, it is a problem that I do not plan on overcoming at the moment. Someday? Maybe, but not today. And part of my coffee addiction? I LOVE creamer. Yes, those sweet flavors that change based on the season and are terribly bad for you. *Sigh* I just love them. So you can just imagine how hard it is sometimes living overseas where I can NOT buy coffee creamer. I can buy the disgusting powered stuff for a pretty penny which I refuse to do. Therefore, I have struggled through survived the last 17 months living in China with just milk in my coffee (I am not a sugar in my coffee type girl). Okay, there have a been a few exceptions like when my sweet cousin, Stina, sent me some powdered French Vanilla and Hazelnut flavored creamer which isn't bad if mixed with milk. Or when my thoughtful sister-in-law, Cindy, mailed me Starbucks instant pumpkin coffee along with liquid creamer packets to try to make my own "pumpkin spiced latte" last fall. Of course there was the time when my bloggy friend, Valerie, sent me liquid packets as well. Okay, so I am blessed with wonderful people in my life who cater to my addiction. 

Recently Valerie, passed on a recipe on Facebook that she thought I might enjoy: Homemade Coffee Creamer!

At first, I wasn't positive if I could get the ingredients. I have milk and vanilla (to make the vanilla one), but sweetened condensed milk? Turns out you CAN buy that here (pretty easily in fact) so I was set to go! I made the creamer the other night.... and????

It is absolutely delicious. So much so that I just had to share the recipe with you all in the link below. And yes, I definitely plan on trying some of the other flavors as well. 




Check out the recipe here HERE!



1 comment:

  1. I’ve never been this happy to find such an interesting post. I love those coffee tips there. It’s so helpful. I’m gonna try some ideas of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...