Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Oh, What Kids Do!

Oh, the things that kids say and the things that they do! Something I need to get better at, is blogging about some of the happenings at the foster home and the adorable (and not so adorable) things my kiddos do. I have been recently doing one-on-ones with Miracle and don't get me wrong, I love him to pieces, but he definitely tests my patience at times! He knows how to push my buttons and he does! But he is so darn adorable, you can't get upset with him. He is always making me laugh over one thing or another.

So today..... we had our "class." First of all, he gets distracted VERY easily. And he LOVES balls. Baseballs, basketballs, kickballs, etc. If it rolls, he calls it a ball. In fact, while working on his vocabulary cards today, he insisted on calling a doughnut a "ball." I kept saying, "no, doughnut." He would look at me and then in his sweet, innocent voice, exclaim "ball!" This probably went on 4 or 5 times before he believed me that it really IS called a doughnut. We then proceeded to work on our "ABC's." We (I sang while he stared at me) sang the alphabet a few times and then I said the letters and had him repeat. Of course if he doesn't want too, he shakes his head firmly. Well we got all the way to letter "E" and what does he do? Instead of saying "E," he breaks into "Old McDonald had a far...e-i-e-i-o!!!" Yes, the pig noises were included in his little solo. I just shook my head and smiled. Tried to get him to say "E" again and once again, he breaks into song. *Sigh* Of course as he was singing and looking around, he notices a Dora sticker nearby and then yells "Dora!" proceeded by "D-D-D-D-Dora!" (in singing form). And if that wasn't enough, after looking at the sticker, noticed the balls on the wall (we had been working on circles in preschool) and yells "ball!!" Oh my.... Miracle, you sure are cute but you drive me bananas some days!

Of course this is the same child that if he finds class time boring or doesn't want to do something, he closes his eyes and pretends to "sleep." *Sigh* As frustrated as I get, I can't help but smile. He really is a hoot and I am going to miss him and all his craziness when he leaves us to join his forever family.

Oh the joys of working with kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...