Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Snapshot: 4th of July... on the 7th!

Happy 4th of July (a few days late) to all my American friends! This is my 2nd year of not being home for the 4th of July and for some reason this year it hit me harder than in the past. 4th of July announces the beginning of summer. Picnics, swimming, fireworks, etc.

I decided to make the most of my 4th of July here in China too. My plan on Thursday was to take the afternoon off and  hit the pool! However, my plans were changed when we got a call about a recently abandoned baby boy. Since I wasn't able to celebrate the 4th on the 4th, decided to celebrate on the 7th. After all, this is China. Didn't feel like the 4th of July anyways so didn't matter that I would celebrate a few days late!

My morning started out with a nice cup (or two) of coffee and an omelet. Very American right?
Then it was time to "hit the pool." It rains just about every day here but will clear up just as fast and then the sun will be out. I saw the clouds rolling in and figured that once it stopped, I'd be good to go! It stopped, I headed to the pool, was in for just a few months when.... this happened. 
I sat for a while "waiting it out," but it just kept raining harder and harder with no blue sky in site. This was my feeling on the situation...
 Decided rather than waiting for the rain to stop, which may never stop, I headed home, popped some popcorn and watched a movie.
Later in the evening, it was time for my "4th of July" dinner. Of course there was watermelon... after all, would it be the 4th (or 7th) of July without it?
 Corn on the cob, asparagus, and chicken.
 And "American" chips. The bag even says so!
Thursday morning during preschool we actually were able to make our 4th of July craft. Aren't the stars cute?
Praying you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

For those of you following along with the Psalm 139 with me, here is today's verse:

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence?" (Psalm 139:7)

Ni Hao Yall



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...