Sunday, June 23, 2013

Psalm 139

I have wanted to spend more time meditating on scripture. I usually am one to read large amounts of scripture rather than just a verse two and focusing on those. With inspiration from another blog, (thanks Andrea!), I have decided to read through Psalm 139 for the next 24 days. There are 24 verses, so one verse a day. If you would like to join me, feel free too! I'll be posting the passage for the day at the end of each blog post.

"You have searched me, Lord, and you know me." (Psalm 139:1)

When I decided earlier this afternoon to do this 24 day reading, I read verse 1 right away. Now, I have read this passage many times but something about just reading one verse and quoting it over and over again in my mind throughout the day, is really powerful. He KNOWS me. He really knows me. All my thoughts, fears, joys, sorrows, and insecurities. He knows it all. My past, the present, and my future. Nothing is hidden from His sight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...