Wednesday, June 12, 2013

In Person

Those of you who are "bloggers" are part of the "blogging community." 
Which means if you are anything like me, you "meet" people through their blog from all over the world. 
It's pretty neat how a common interest can bring you together.
And then, if you have a connection with adoption and/or the foster home, you have yet another connection.
I have wonderful friends from all over the US whom I have never met in person.
Many of those connections are connected to China adoption (surprise, I know) in some way, shape, or form.
The really wonderful thing about being located where I am in China, is that the US Consulate is about an hour and a half away in Guangzhou.
ALL the families from the US who are adopting, HAVE to make a stop there to obtain their child's visa before they head home.
Where I am is the perfect location to meet some of my adoption friends and have been blessed to meet several of them on this side of the world.
As much as I love being friends over the internet, there is something about meeting them in person that makes it so special.

Yesterday I got to meet a dear friend of mine whom I have emailed with for years.
What a blessing it was to meet her, her husband, and newly adopted son!
And to think we all come together over this passion of adoption.
I love it.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and Tara were finally able to 'meet' in person. I know it was a comfort for me that you were 'there' when we adopted Khloe and getting to meet you in person, though it felt more like a reunion since I felt as though we already knew each other!

    Sorry that I don't comment much these days. I usually read your posts on my phone, and have not yet figured out how to link my account for comments on there. Some day! ;)

    God bless you, sweet friend. Glad you had such a fun day!!

    OXO,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...