Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Conviction

My daily devotional this morning ("Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young) really convicted me. I want to share it with you:

"Stay calmly conscious of Me today, no matter what. Remember that I go before you as well as with you into the day. Nothing takes Me by surprise. I will not allow circumstances to overwhelm you, so long as you look to Me. I will help you cope with whatever the moment presents. Collaborating with Me brings blessings that far outweigh all your troubles. Awareness of My Presence contains Joy that can endure all eventualities."

Wow, I think today's passage was written just for me. The last few days I have become so distracted by my "circumstances." I have definitely allowed them to overwhelm me rather than looking to Him. This weird thing that is going on with my ear has not only made me nervous but caused me to become upset and anxious and rather than look to Him, I have been trying to fix it by myself. Yes, I have been praying over it but I am sad to admit that was not my first choice. God knows what's going on and He is with me and WILL heal me. None of this has taken Him by surprise. This day, I am looking to Him and choosing joy in Him.

If you are following along with my Psalm 139 reading, today's passage is found in verse 4:

"Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...