Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bugs

One of my least favorite things about China is the bugs. I am not the type of girl who screams every time she see's an ant and although I was petrified of spiders when I was younger (I still don't love them), they don't bother me as much anymore.

HOWEVER, when we are talking about 2-inch long cockroaches (we do not have cockroaches that big in the north...) who FLY, now that is an entirely different story. After living here over a year, I still absolutely hate those things. I know, hate is a strong work so let me reword that... I absolutely, positively HATE those things. Yes, I said it. Oh yeah. And not really a fan of the scorpion looking bug I found in my bathroom last night either. I made a panicking noise before I stomped it to it's death. You didn't know I could be so violent did you? Well when it comes to bugs, I have no mercy.

Sorry no pictures to go along with this post. I would be scared they would fly at my head when I'd be attempting a picture.

That is all. I just needed to get that off my chest. Phew, I feel better now. Doesn't this make you want to come visit southern China?



3 comments:

  1. I've heard that there are no bugs in Inner Mongolia ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm.... that does sound awfully tempting... ;)

      Delete
  2. Anneli,

    We have those same flying cockroaches here in the /d/e/e/p/ /s/o/u/t/h. I don't like them either and they can get in every time you open your doors. We moved here from the north almost two years ago and I have never gotten used to them either.

    The good thing is at least here they do not get into food.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...