Thursday, February 7, 2013

So Very, Very Faithful

God is so faithful, so very, very faithful.
Even when we are not, He is. 
He takes care of each and every one of our needs and usually does more than what we actually need.
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us." (Ephesians 3:20)

This is a verse that the Lord placed on my heart back in December 2011 as I was support raising to come to China. I know that I have mentioned this story before but at that point, I was only at about 10% of my goal and I was scheduled to leave in 3 months. 
Now you may be thinking, "really Anneli? You still had 3 MONTHS to raise your remaining funds??"
I know, I know... what can I say. Trusting God with finances is one of my struggles.

Which brings me to my next point, I think everyone should take a year and do missions where you have to raise support. 
It really causes you to trust God and see His hand at work in your life.
Okay, maybe it's not for everyone, but it really has taught me SO MUCH about the hand of God and His faithfulness. 
I am gearing up for my 2nd year here in China and will be raising support again when I'm home this spring. 
I honestly haven't thought too much about it, but in the back of my mind I ask myself this question,
"What if I don't get the support I need for a second year?"

But that's not God's character.
When He calls, He provides.
And just to remind me that He will provide, my support check this month was over double of my normal monthly support check. 
That's right.
OVER DOUBLE.
Faithful God. So very, very faithful. 
Even when I doubt Him. 
He provides.


3 comments:

  1. @Tara: I'm so glad! As you embark on a new adoption journey may you always remember that He WILL provide. Praying for you and your whole family!

    Blessings,
    Anneli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and love it! Following along on your adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...