Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Kind of Saturday

I love people. I love doing things and going places. Probably my ultimate favorite activity is getting together with friends in a coffee shop and chatting about life. I just love it! But once in a while, I enjoy a lazy day. A day to just lounge and relax. Today was that day.

I started our the morning by calling my family back home which is always wonderful. Even if we don't talk about much, just hearing their voices and how they are doing makes me feel not quite so far from home. Amazing how far technology has come! I pay less that $3 a month to have unlimited calls to the US! Pretty sweet deal (gotta love Skype!). 


Today I did something I have been wanting to do for the last 9 months I have been in China. Get a hair wash. It is a common thing in China to go to a hair salon and have your hair washed and a head massage. Oh. My. Goodness. It was WONDERFUL! I'm pretty sure I almost fell asleep. It was a good 30 minute head massage / wash. And then they did a back / arm massage. And the best part? Cost me 30 rmb which is about $5 USD. At that rate, I can afford to pamper myself once in a while I think! My hair feels so clean and soft. I'm a satisfied customer!

Now relaxing with a cup of hot cider (thanks Grandma!), smelling my vegetable soup simmering for dinner, and about to curl up with a good book.

This is my kind of Saturday!

No, the above picture is NOT one of my kiddos. Found it on the internet and thought it was adorable!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...